Personal data and your rights

Your rights to information

  • The right of access – you have the right to request personal data about you, from us. This includes how we process, store, and if we transfer it outside of the UK, along with if we share it with any third parties and why.
  • The right to rectify – If any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to request that we amend or update the information.
  • The right to erasure – In certain circumstances, you have the right for your personal data to be forgotten.
  • The right to restrict – in certain circumstances, with your request, we will limit how we process and store your data.
  • The right to portability – If processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to request that we transfer any personal data about you to another data controller.
  • The right to object – in certain circumstances, you are entitled to object to how we process personal data about you.

Please note there are exemptions however, we will let you know if any exemptions apply and why we have applied them.

If you wish to exercise your rights, please email the information team at We request that you be specific with the information you are requesting. Please remember that any information that involves someone else’s personal data, cannot be provided. If you are applying on behalf of a child, please note that we will not accept requests where the child is over the age of 13, however, the child can put in a request in their own right.

Before any request is considered we require you to provide evidence of your identity. This can be by scanned or photocopied only, a valid passport; driving license; or birth certificate. We will also need to confirm your address on a utility bill or an official letter. We do not keep this information after identification. Please do not post any documents as we cannot guarantee a return. A photocopy or a scanned version is all we require.

If you request personal data for a child (under 13 years of age), we also require proof that you have parental responsibility. This can be a copy of the child’s birth certificate. 

CCTV – If you wish to access your personal data from our CCTV, please complete the request form here.

To ensure compliance, we are unable to process requests that include other individuals this includes where editing out their identity is not possible. Additionally, if there is an ongoing investigation or a crime being committed, your request will not be fulfilled. Please keep in mind that only requests for images of yourself will be accepted. Requests such as incidents involving your property being broken into or damaged, do not qualify under this category. In such cases, please contact the appropriate authorities such as the police, who can make a request on your behalf.

We may arrange a time and date that is suitable for you, to come and view the images.

Sign up to our newsletter to stay updated with everything happening in and around Trowbridge.
Skip to content