Westcroft House

Grade II* listed. Built by clothier John Waldron in 1784, owner of the Bridge Woollen Mills, with workshops behind, The house is situated in the area of Trowbridge known as the Conigre, which originally formed the rabbit warren for the 12th-century Trowbridge Castle. It was later the site of weavers’ cottages and workshops. In the mid-1800s, the whole area fell into disrepair, and by the end of that century, Conigre was regarded as one of the roughest and poorest areas in Trowbridge. It even had a permanent soup kitchen to feed the destitute. Clearance orders in the 1930s led to a complete renovation of the site. Westcroft House was renovated in 2007 and now comprises several separate flats.

Contact

Address

Map

Sign up to our newsletter to stay updated with everything happening in and around Trowbridge.
Skip to content