Fieldways Highfield

Grade II* listed Built in 1858 as the home of mill owner and philanthropist Sir William Roger Brown (who also commissioned the building of Trowbridge Town Hall and other properties as a gift to the town). The son of a tea merchant, Brown became a partner in his uncle’s Ashton Mills in the 1850s, and Brown & Palmer transformed it into one of the town’s most substantial businesses. Highfield is currently divided into two separate semi-detached properties. The main part of the building facing Hilperton Road is now the Fieldways Hotel and Health Club. The left-hand side of the building is a private residence known as Highfield. One of its most notable features is a glass “palm room” conservatory at the rear of the building.

Contact

Address

Map

Sign up to our newsletter to stay updated with everything happening in and around Trowbridge.
Skip to content